In 2019 and at 44 years of age, Seaford based husband, father and Director of Eightfold Property, Dan Lyons decided to go back to school and to study for a Master’s Degree in Music Industry, Innovation and Enterprise. No easy feat by any means - let alone for someone who hasn’t stepped foot in a classroom since completing his GCSEs *ahem* years ago. Not only this but with a family and a business to run...
...What on earth possessed Dan to embark on an intensive one-year Post Graduate Degree at WaterBear – The College of Music?
Well, the answer is... Eightfold (pun fully intended!):
- To learn transferable skills to take into his business and personal life.
- To re-tap into a semi-lost passion for music and playing bass.
- To meet and re-connect with like-minded people within Brighton, who share his passion for the creative arts, innovation, business and Brighton.
- To learn how to meet the needs of the student market in Brighton.
- To explore and learn from success stories of resilience.
- To help create a new brand for Brighton Accommodation Agency.
- To learn more about identifying an audience and delivering a product.
- To gain confidence in both business and expression.
In the video below, Dan shares his experiences with WaterBear during his time completing his MA – check out waterbear.org.uk for more information.